3 years ago my husband and I went against the norm and had a blow out wedding on New Years Eve. The mood was great, the guests were dressed to the nines, drinks were flowing, dance floor was packed and the countdown was amongst close family and friends. What more could we ask for? Here are the top 10 reasons we chose to have a New Years Wedding:
10. Takes the pressure off family and friends to find New Years Plans. Who doesn’t like an invite on New Years that doesn’t involve an insanely expensive ticket, sky-high drink prices (open bar is a bonus) and ridiculously priced set menus?
9. Champagne bar at midnight is a must and wonderful treat for guests. Champagne and NYE go hand in hand…but so do chocolate covered strawberries J
8. Color schemes can be fun and of course sparkly which takes me to #7
7. It’s practically mandatory that wedding gowns and bridesmaid dresses be sparkly. Silver, gold, sequins…no theme required!
6. Guests can indulge in your dessert table or your fabulous cake before their new years resolutions kick in on the 1st.
5. Bride and Groom can take off on their honeymoon to a nice warm destination once all the fun has ended…also a great way to start off the new year!
4. Photographer not only captures great photos of the bride and groom (snow is a bonus) but great photo op for guests at the countdown.
3. Your party is guaranteed to go past midnight.
2. Sparklers are a must! Fireworks even better…nice way to ring in the New Year with a bang.
1. When else will you get a chance to spend New Years Eve with your ENTIRE family and all your friends?
There’s something really special not only about New Years Eve weddings but also winter weddings. It’s always nice to think outside the box and get out of the summer months once in a while! A Stylish Event had a great start in 2014 and we are sure to have an even better 2015. Wishing everyone a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Be safe and see ya’ll next year!